Social distancing doesn’t have to equal social isolation. There are endless digital options to keep you connected. Here are some suggestions:
- Netflix Party allows you to link up with friends and host long distance movie nights or TV watch parties, with group chat and video playback features.
- Houseparty app has built in games, like trivia, Pictionary or HeadsUp, to enjoy while chatting with friends.
- Discordapp.com is a voice and text chat application designed for the video gaming community.
- Instagram launched its ‘Stay Home’ Sticker and Story to encourage followers to stay indoors – it allows you to see all the creative ways Instagramers are using their time at home.
- Instagram Live allows musicians and DJs to hold concerts and parties online. Singers such as John Legend, Chris Martin of Coldplay and Hozier have recently held online concerts, while with DJs such as DNice, Kid Capri and Just Blaze, turn your living room into a virtual club.
- Aarmy offers free workouts via Instagram Live from their New York studio.
- Lyon Dens Power Yoga provides free nightly yoga sessions at 5PM ET via Zoom.
- Mile High Run Club only asks for a suggested donation to join classes online.
417949G CAN/US 04/20